This two-day workshop is intended for those already familiar with basic Drupal 8 concepts or those who manage an existing Drupal site (on a day-to-day basis).
We'll cover the essentials of Drupal's content model and how to adapt it to your editorial needs.
Starting from a new, standard Drupal 8 installation we'll build a small website together and in the process explore:
- content modelling and general Information Architecture principles
- doing more with taxonomies than categorising content
- defining and configuring content types and block types
- content versioning
- configuring and customising the core WYSIWYG text editor
- defining editorial workflows
- automated publishing and retiring of content
- basic approaches to preventing certain types of users to access certain content
- building basic lists of content (views)
- constructing basic web forms with the webforms module
- You should be familiar with core Drupal concepts such as nodes, blocks, menus, users/roles/permissions, and taxonomy.
- You should be familiar with day-to-day Drupal operations such as creating and publishing content, and placing blocks in theme regions.
No knowledge of programming languages or markup languages is required. We will not write any code.
- Bring your own wifi-capable laptop, preferably with an up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox.
- We will give every attendee an individual Drupal 8 training site, hosted on our infrastructure for the duration of the course.
The course starts at 9:00 and ends at 17:00.
Coffee, tea and water are provided during coffee breaks around 10:30 and 15:30.
Lunch (12:30 - 13:30) is not provided, but group lunch with vegetarian and vegan options will be organised. separately.
Macbeth Centre (MAC)
London W6 9JJ
0208 753 3600