This two-day workshop is intended for those familiar with basic Drupal 8 concepts and managing an existing Drupal site on a day-to-day basis.
We will dig deeper into custom content types and display modes for forms and content, use custom page layouts, and build various types of lists (views) of interrelated content.
We'll give most of our attention to Drupal core, but we'll also build simple and complex forms with the Webforms module.
Starting from a new, standard Drupal 8 installation we will build a small website together and in the process explore:
- using fields to extend entities
- entity types, content types, and block types
- interrelating content with entity references
- defining custom date formats
- defining image styles
- view modes for entities and forms
- display types and their specific settings
- standard, exposed, and contextual filters
- building custom administration pages
- the core layout system as an alternative to field display settings
- constructing web forms with the webforms module
- You should be familiar with core Drupal concepts such as nodes, blocks, menus, users/roles/permissions, and taxonomy.
- You should be familiar with day-to-day Drupal operations such as creating and publishing content, placing blocks in theme regions, making basic views, and managing users.
No knowledge of programming languages or markup languages is required. We will not write any code.
- Bring your own wifi-capable laptop, preferably with an up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox.
- We will give every attendee an individual Drupal 8 training site, hosted on our infrastructure for the duration of the course.
The course starts at 9:00 and ends at 17:00.
Coffee, tea and water are provided during coffee breaks around 10:30 and 15:30.
Lunch (12:30 - 13:30) is not provided, but group lunch with vegetarian and vegan options will be organised. separately.
Macbeth Centre (MAC)
London W6 9JJ
0208 753 3600